Google Search


Sunday, August 31, 2008

Foreskin Facts: Turtleneck or No, It All Feels the Same

Okay. It's official now. A study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine1 looked at a question that has been plaguing men for thousands of years. I know I stay up many nights tossing and turning, wondering the answer to this question. I know in my heart that millions of other men also spend hours each day thinking about this timeless problem. But now we finally have an answer. We can all put this behind us and get on with our lives.
The study looked at the age old question, do circumcised men have less penile sensation than uncircumcised men? The answer, no. It appears that whether or not a man is circumcised, whether aroused or not, his penile sensation is the same. Thank God. I was so worried that because I was circumcised at birth, I have been missing out on lots of fun. And wouldn't you know. it's the Canadians that figured this one out. Another advantage to those long dark winters.
But wait, there was another interesting fact that Dr. Payne and others discovered. They found that the penile sensitivity of men, whether circumcised or not, is actually less than they had anticipated. I'm not sure how much sensitivity these researchers expected. So now that we are all the same, will all those men who have wanted a foreskin rebuilt change their minds? What about all those that travel the world warning us about the horrible catastrophic hazards of circumcision? I have read accounts of men who just knew that they had dramatically reduced penile sensation since their newborn circumcision. Now they too can rest assured that they are fine...at least physically.
Thank you Dr. Payne. Thank you Canada. I am finally complete and ready to move on, circumcised on not.

No comments: